Japan to Announce 2 New Visa Pathways: J-SKIP and J-FIND for Graduates and High Income Earners


Aarushi Jain
Updated on Mar 06, 2023 10:50 AM IST

Japan will introduce two new classes of work visas next month, namely J-FIND and J-SKIP. These visas will easy the pathway for people seeking high-level professional positions in the country to enter the country.

Japan to Announce 2 New Visa Pathways: J-SKIP and J-FIND for Graduates and High Income Earners

The Japanese government is introducing two new visa programmes aimed at highly trained international employees. The programmes will begin in April with the intent to attract professionals such as researchers and engineers, as well as graduates of prestigious colleges.

What is the J-FIND Visa? How to Apply for it?

The J-FIND visa is a job seeker visa that permits graduates from top international colleges to stay in Japan for up to two years to look for work.

Also Read: New Opportunities for Indian Students to Study in Japan

Graduates can only stay for 90 days under current visa requirements. On the other hand, graduates applying for the J-FIND visa must have roughly 200,000 YEN upon arrival in Japan. Also, they must have graduated from a university or higher education institution ranked in the top 100 by QS Top Universities, Times Higher Education World University Rankings, or Shanghai Jiao Tong University's Academic Ranking of World Universities.

What is the J-SKIP Visa? How to Apply for it?

The J-SKIP visa is intended for researchers, engineers, and high-level executives seeking employment in Japan. The visa permits these individuals to bypass the current point-based system and apply for a highly skilled professional visa instead. Candidates must fulfil particular income and work experience standards imposed by the Immigration Services Agency of Japan to be eligible for the J-SKIP visa. If they achieve these standards, they will be submitted for a highly skilled professional visa without going through the point-based procedure.

After a candidate achieves Level 1 professional status, they will be given a 5-year stay period and will be able to work in their professional disciplines. Those who advance to Level 2 after three years of labour will be able to stay in the country indefinitely with little to no job limitations.

Also Read: Japan Takes a Step Forward in Border Relaxations for International Students

If you have a master's degree and an annual income of 20 million Yen or more, or at least 10 years of work experience and an income of 20 million Yen or more, you can apply for the J-SKIP visa. Managers must have at least 5 years of experience and an annual income of at least 40 million Yen. Both visa procedures enable spouses and family members to accompany the candidate to Japan.

Planning to Study and Settle Abroad?

Source: The Live Mint News

You can share this post!

Admission Open 2024

Goldsmiths, University of London

London, United Kingdom

Lancaster University

Lancaster, United Kingdom

Related Articles

Aug 18, 2023 04:28 PM IST

How to Apply for Masters in USA?

Aug 03, 2023 01:18 PM IST

Documents Required for TOEFL

Our Study Abroad Offerings

Related Institutes

Planning to study abroad?

Interested in Studying Overseas?

Connect with us and kickstart your learning journey for a rewarding experience!

By proceeding ahead you expressly agree to the CollegeDekhoAbroad Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.